Pine Bluff has recorded its sixth death due to the COVID-19 virus.
Jefferson County Coroner Chad Kelley confirmed to Deltaplex News Tuesday night that a white male in his 70’s succumbed to the virus at Jefferson Regional earlier in the day. The cause of death is Cardiorespiratory Arrest due to the COVID-19 virus.
Pine Bluff recorded five deaths previous to Monday’s death. Information on those four deaths is as follows:
- Date of Death: 04/04/2020. African American female at JRMC age range in her 60’s.
- Date of Death: 04/09/2020 African American male at JRMC age range in his 40’s.
- Date of Death: 04/09/2020 African American female at JRMC age range in her 80’s.
- Date of Death: 04/10/2020 White female at JRMC age range in her 80’s.
- 5: Date of Death: 04/13/2020 African American male at JRMC age range in his 70’s.
As of Tuesday evening Arkansas has recorded 1,498 total Coronavirus cases. 444 people have recovered from the virus, while 32 people have died from the virus.
In Jefferson County there are currently 105 positive cases of the virus, and six deaths. 714 people have tested negative for the virus, and 23 people have recovered from the virus.
The Deltaplex News team will update this story as more information becomes available.