A detainee at the adult detention center was hospitalized after allegedly being beaten by another detainee.

Antonio Harris, 19, was initially treated at Jefferson Regional Medical Center, then transferred to St. Vincent Hospital at Little Rock following the incident that occurred on August 12.

Harris was allegedly hit several times by Demarcus Coley, 20, when the two were in the Misdemeanor 2 pod at the W.C. “Dub” Brassell Adult Detention Center, Sheriff’s Investigator Camesha Marks said in a probable cause affidavit presented in district court Thursday.

According to the affidavit, Marks was contacted by Jail Administrator Maj. Tyra Tyler about the fight and Coley was identified as the suspect by three jail deputies after watching video. The video showed Harris “playing around” in the pod and Coley hitting him several times. Harris fell to the floor and Coley hit him several more times.

Marks reported that she and Lt. John Bean conducted an audio interview with Harris who said he remembered eating breakfast and then walking toward his bunk, and when he woke up asked what happened and was told that he had passed out and hit his head. Harris also said he had been in fights in the jail before but never with anyone in that jail pod.

When Coley was interviewed, he said Harris had stolen his (Coley’s) commissary and he told Harris he wanted it back. He said he hit Harris because he felt like Harris was stealing from his (Coley’s) mother because she was the one who had bought the commissary. Coley said he hit Harris twice but stopped after Harris hit his head.

According to the affidavit, Harris walked off after the fight yelling that he “didn’t want to do it but Harris constantly took his commissary and he wanted to put a knot on Harris’ head.”

Coley also told investigators he “felt what he did was wrong but not too wrong because his back was against the wall and the other detainees did not want him to tell deputies Harris took his commissary.”

On Thursday, a $10,000 cash only bond was set for Coley on probable cause of second-degree battery. He was being held on three counts of residential burglary and three counts of theft of property.

Harris was being held on charges of first-degree battery, Aggravated assault and terroristic threatening.

Coley was ordered to have no contact with Harris until the case is settled. The Public Defender’s Office was appointed to represent Coley.