UAPB Lady Lions Defeats LeMoyne- Owen College, 52-43
Senior forward Shawntayla Harris paced the Lady Lions with a 19-point and seven-rebounds performance
Pine Bluff, Ark.– Senior forward Shawntayla Harris led all scorers with a 19 point outing as the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff (3-5, 0-1 SWAC) defeated LeMoyne- Owen College (7-9, 4-3), 52-43, on Wednesday night in a reschedule non-conference game at the H.O. Clemmons Arena. Junior guard Kyeonia Harris provided a solid contribution off the bench, adding 13 points, four steals, three rebounds and two assists in the win.
It was a back-and- fourth first two quarters that included two lead changes as the Lady Lions and the Magicians both went into intermission tied up at 26-26.
The Lady Lions ended the third quarter on a three pointer by Kyeonia Harris to give UAPB a 3-point cushion (37-34) with seconds left in the quarter. UAPB’s offense came alive in the fourth quarter as the Lady Lions ended the game by outscoring the Magicians 15-9.
- The Lady Lions went with a different lineup of adding Ashlee Daniel
- Kyeonia Harris set a career high with four steals. The junior guard also had 13 points, three rebounds and two steals.
- Shawntayla Harris led all players with a game-high 19 points and seven rebounds. This is the fourth game this season that Harris has scored in double-figured in points.
- UAPB’s defense force LeMoyne-Owen College to 13 turnovers and out rebounded the Magician 48-36.
- UAPB bench capitalized on opportunities, outscoring LeMoyne-Owen College 25-9.
UAPB Lady Lions will be back in conference play Saturday, January 12, against Alabama State in the H.O. Clemmons Arena. Tip-off is slated for 5 p.m. CT in Boys and Girls Scout Night.