The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff (UAPB) Department of Athletics will host an open house and ribbon-cutting for Simmons Bank Field, the newly renovated home of the Golden Lions, and a groundbreaking ceremony for Simmons Bank Pavilion at the Torii Hunter Baseball and Softball Complex.
UAPB and UA System leadership, Simmons Bank executives, members of the Golden Lions football team, the Marching Musical Machine of the Mid-South, Golden Girls dance team, and cheer squads will welcome the UAPB and greater Pine Bluff communities into the stadium and officially cut the ribbon, with assistance of the Pine Bluff Regional Chamber of Commerce. This event is free and open to the public. Guests are encouraged to take photos on the field afterward.
The Department of Athletics will also break ground on a press box and concession stand pavilion at the Torii Hunter Baseball and Softball Complex. Gov. Asa Hutchinson and famed professional baseball player Torii Hunter will both give remarks.
- Asa Hutchinson, Governor, State of Arkansas
- Dr. Donald R. Bobbitt, UA System president
- UA System Board of Trustees
- Dr. Laurence B. Alexander, UAPB chancellor
- George A. Makris, Jr., Simmons First National Corp. chairman and CEO
- Torii Hunter, MLB All-Star and nine-time Gold Glove winner
- Bill Jones, Sissy’s Log Cabin president
- Pine Bluff Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Cedric Thomas, UAPB head football coach