The Star City School District has received more than $53,000 in state grants to institute two new programs.

According to the Lincoln Ledger newspaper, the Arkansas Department of Education awarded Star City High School $24,225 for Business Finance and $29,500 for Cybersecurity.

“We feel that both of these areas of education are vital to offer at the High School level now,” School District Superintendent Jordan Frizzell was quoted as saying. “We are excited to expand our Computer Science Pathway and give students even more exposure to the ever growing industry of Cybersecurity.”

Frizzell went on to say “we are equally proud to bring back a business focused pathway to the High School that focuses on essentials such as Intro to Business Accounting and Financial Planning. These areas are essential for our students as they prepare to enter the real-world.”

The newspaper reported that the grants will cover 85 percent of the costs associated with a new program and the school district will commit to cover the remaining 15 percent.