Second Half Rally Falls Just Short as Lady Lions Edged by Philander Smith College
Pine Bluff, Ark. – The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff women’s basketball team was unable to rally from a slow start in the second half in a 53-48 non-conference loss to Philander Smith College. The Lady Lions were playing in their final non-conference home game, before opening up conference play Saturday January 5, against Mississippi Valley.
Fast Break Points
- This is the seventh straight meeting between Philander Smith College and UAPB, (the Lady Panthers now trails the Lady Lions (7-1) in all-time series.
- The Lady Lions led 30-13 at the intermission, UAPB was 11-for-25 from the field and Philander Smith was 11-for-31 going into the locker room.
- Philander Smith outscored UAPB 40 to 18 in the second half.
- Junior Noe’ll Taylor led UAPB in scoring with 14 points, five rebounds, three assists and four steals.
- Pre-season All Conference selection, Shawntayla Harris finished the game with her second double-double of the season with 10 points and 14 rebounds.
- Briauna Mitchell led the Lady Panthers with 15 points, followed by Terralyn Dominick with 13 points.
UAPB Lady Lions returns to the hardwood Saturday January 5, versus Mississippi Valley Lady Devilettes. Tip-off is set for 5 p.m. at the H.O. Clemmons Arena.