McKnight Hits Buzzer-Beater To Push Golden Lions Past Alabama A&M 50-49
Pine Bluff, Ark.– Talk about a victory! The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff Preseason Conference Player of the Year, Martaveous McKnight pulled out the win for the Golden Lions 50-49 over Alabama A&M when he connected on a step back three-pointer with 2.9 seconds left in the game. McKnight finished the game with 13 points and seven assists.
The Bulldogs led the last seven minutes of the game tonight after a slow start by the Golden Lions. However, the UAPB evened the score at 47-47 with 19 seconds left thanks to junior Shaun Doss, who connected on a pair of free throws.
After receiving the ensuing inbounds pass, McKnight dribble to the corner of the arch before heaving a 22-feet step back three-pointer shot that found the bottom of the net and sent the 1,624 fans in attendance into a frenzy. It marked the first game-winning buzzer beater for UAPB since Martaveous McKnight knocked down a three-pointer at home against Jackson St in at 70-68 win on Jan. 29, 2018.
- McKnight hit the game-winning buzzer-beater three-pointer to give the Golden Lions the 50-49 victory.
- This is the second consecutive year, that McKnight beat a team on a buzzer beater in the conference.
- McKnight scored a team high 13 points and seven assists.
- Shaun Doss added seven points in the victory, followed by Charles Jackson with six points.
- UAPB has won six consecutive games at home in the H.O. Clemmons Arena.
- The Golden Lions benched played a big role in tonight’s victory, outscoring the Bulldogs bench 20-10
- Andre Kennedy scored a team-high with 19 points, followed by Gerron Scissum who chipped in 14 points for the Bulldogs.