The Arkansas Department of Health regulates the sale of food at establishments such as restaurants, bars, daycares, schools, grocery stores, convenience stores, bed and breakfast facilities, and concession stands. These inspections are made unannounced by environmental health specialists to ensure proper reports and to make sure there are no cover-ups.
The following are reports of food safety inspections conducted by the Jefferson County Health Unit:
• Hazel Fine Deli Grocery, 2510 S. Hazel St. Date of opening inspection Jan. 10. This establishment is okay to operate.
• Nina’s Little Angels, 2205 W. 34th Ave. Date of inspection Jan. 9. Hot water not available throughout facility. Hot water needed throughout facility.
• Nina’s Little Angels, 2205 W. 34th Ave. Date of follow-up inspection Jan. 10. No violations reported. Problems were fixed.
• Natural Way Health Foods, 2508 Olive St. Date of inspection Jan. 9. Paper towels not observed at restroom hand washing sink. Provide a supply of individual disposable towels or a continuous towel system that supplies the user with a clean towel or a heated-air drying device at each hand washing sink in food preparation, toilet, and ware washing areas. Paper towels were placed at hand washing sink during inspection.
• Chicken City, 7197 Sheridan Road, Suite 112. Date of inspection Jan. 7. Some food packaged in establishment is not properly labeled. Food packaged in establishment should be properly labeled. Food was labeled during inspection.
• Precious Memories Too, 6022 Sheridan Road. Date of inspection Jan. 7. Observed wiping cloths not stored in sanitize solution. Wiping shall be stored in a sanitizing solution after each use as with regulations pertaining to retail food establishment. Wiping cloths were placed in a sanitize solution during time of inspection.
• Subway, 8001 Sheridan Road. Date of inspection Jan. 7. Observed leak in ceiling vent in walk in cooler — needs to be repaired.
Electronic copies of retail food inspection reports can be obtained on the Arkansas Food Inspection Portal. To access the portal, visit the food protection page on the Arkansas Department of Health website, www.healthy.arkansas.gov.