Starting Wednesday, June 10, both the South (closest to I-630) and Main entrance circles at John L. McClellan VA Hospital will be open to vehicular drop-off and pick-up traffic for our Veterans. Both entrances will be open to entry and exit foot traffic.
Screenings will continue to take place at both entrances from 5:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday. Current after hours entry procedures will continue through the Emergency Department Entrance.
To minimize the risk of exposure, Veterans are asked to plan to arrive at the clinic no sooner than 15 minutes before the start time of their appointment. Other safety measures include:
- When Veterans arrive at the facility, Veterans will be asked screening questions and have their temperature taken at the entrance to our facility. Please allow up to 10 minutes to complete this process.
- Everyone entering our facilities is required to wear a face covering or mask. Masks will be provided at the screening checkpoint for those who do not have one.
- Family members and friends will not be allowed inside the facility, so we ask that Veterans consider coming alone. For Veterans needing assistance getting to their appointment, only one adult over 18 years old may accompany them.
- Strict social distancing will be practiced inside our facilities, so there will be minimal seating space. Our goal is to move patients efficiently to exam areas.
- Veterans may be asked the screening questions again once they get to the clinic.
If you’re a Veteran patient who wishes to been seen, please call your clinic or call the operator at 501-257-1000 to be connected to your clinic.