Bobby Petrino, Herschel Walker to speak at Little Rock Touchdown Club
LITTLE ROCK — College football great Herschel Walker and former Razorback football coach Bobby Petrino are among the speakers in the 2019 lineup for the Little Rock Touchdown Club.
Walker played in the early 80s for Georgia, where he won a national championship and the Heisman Trophy. He went on to play for the Dallas Cowboys and was a two-time Pro Bowl selection.
Petrino coached the Hogs from 2008-2011. He led the team to a 34-17 record before he was fired ahead of the 2012 season. Petrino was fired after a motorcycle crash involving a former player on the women’s volleyball team. The crash led to the revelation that he’d had an adulterous relationship with the woman and had lied about it to the university.
The series begins Aug. 20 with Arkansas football coach Chad Morris. It concludes with Walker on Jan. 9.
The full lineup is below.
- Aug. 30 — Arkansas coach Chad Morris
- Aug. 26 — Former Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallet
- Sept. 3 — Former Georgia and Miami coach Mark Richt
- Sept. 9 — Former Arkansas and Louisville coach Bobby Petrino
- Sept. 16 — Former Chicago Bears defensive tackle and Super Bowl winner Dan Hampton
- Sept. 23 — Arkansas Athletics Director Hunter Yuracheck
- Sept. 30 — Former Kansas State coach Bill Snyder
- Oct. 7 — Former Ohio State and Florida coach Urban Meyer
- Oct. 14 — Former Arkansas quarterback Bill Montgomery
- Oct. 21 — Former Arkansas and Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt
- Oct. 28 — University of Central Arkansas coach Nathan Brown
- Nov. 4 — Arkansas State University coach Blake Anderson
- Nov. 11 — Southwest Conference Hall of Fame induction ceremony
- Nov. 19 — Southeastern Conference Commissioner Greg Sankey
- Nov. 25 — Former Georgia Tech, Kentucky and Georgia State coach Bill Curry
- Jan. 9 — Heisman Trophy winner and former Dallas Cowboys running back Herschel Walker