The Arkansas State Police is looking for eligible recruits to fill the 2019 academy class. Qualified individuals will be selected to enter the Arkansas State Police Recruit Academy, with a start date of February 24, 2019.
“If you have what it takes to become an Arkansas State Trooper, we want to meet you,” said Colonel Bill Bryant, Director of the Arkansas State Police. “If you are selected, you will find yourself on the path of one of the most rewarding careers imaginable.”
The expectations placed on Arkansas State Troopers are extraordinary, and that is why the Arkansas State Police has the highest required standards for applicants. Minimum qualifications to be considered are:
– Must be a United States citizen and at least 21 years of age.
– Must possess a medical release to participate in a physical fitness test.
– Must possess a current and valid driver license.
– Must be a certified high school graduate or possess a GED equivalency.
– Must meet visual acuity requirements.
– Never convicted of a felony criminal charge.
– Never convicted of a misdemeanor domestic violence charge.
– Pass a comprehensive background check.
– No tattoos shall be visible on an applicant’s body that could be seen if wearing the uniform of an Arkansas State Trooper.
The Arkansas State Police Recruit Academy is a 21 week intense training environment, designed to teach our recruits the job skills necessary to perform the duties of a trooper. Those selected to attend our academy will receive more than 1,000 hours of training covering all aspects of law enforcement.
Interested applicants are encouraged to visit the Arkansas State Police web site at www.asp.arkansas.gov, where they can find all the forms necessary to start the hiring process. The recruiting page also provides applicants a means to directly contact a recruiter.