In response to the historic flooding forecasted to impact communities along the Arkansas River, the Arkansas Red Cross has opened shelter at the following shelter locations:
Red Cross operated shelters:
- Evangel Temple, 1110 South 12 Street, Fort Smith, AR
- Dardanelle Community Center, 2011 State Highway 22, Dardanelle, AR (temporary pet shelter available at Yell County Fairgrounds)
- River Park Church of Christ, 1010 Lock and Dam Road, Russellville, AR
- Don Owens Center, 10 Lower Ridge Road, Conway, AR (location includes a temporary pet shelter provided by the Faulkner County Animal Response Team)
- North Little Rock Community Center, 2700 Willow Street, North Little Rock, AR
- Southeast Arkansas College-Seabrook (Old YMCA), 6808 Hazel Street, Pine Bluff, AR
Red Cross supported shelter locations:
- Dyer Community Building, 325 Loomis Lane, Dyer, AR
- Swan Lake Fire Station, 14997 Hwy 88 S., Altheimer, AR
- Wright/Pastoria Community Center, 8550 Surrat Rd, Wright, AR
Independent shelter locations:
- First Baptist Church-Lavaca, 100 West Main, Lavaca, AR
Identification and/or proof of residency is NOT required to be admitted to a Red Cross shelter. Individuals and families are encouraged to bring the following items with them:
- clothing for a few days
- essential medication
- a child’s stuffed animal, blanket or other items for your children
The role of the Red Cross in any disaster is to focus on addressing the immediate needs of those affected. The Red Cross is coordinating with community, government and emergency management officials to determine where and when additional assistance is needed.
Anyone who needs to find a shelter may visit redcross.org/shelter, download the free Red Cross Emergency App or call 1-800-REDCROSS (1-800-733-2767). The Emergency App is available in app stores by searching for the American Red Cross or going to redcross.org/apps.
To volunteer to assist with this disaster or future disaster, please go to redcross.org.