The 2022 King Cotton Holiday Classic lineup was announced Wednesday in Pine Bluff. This year’s field will feature 16 teams from multiple states including New York, California, Georgia, Virginia, Texas, Washington D.C., and Arkansas.
Go Forward Pine Bluff CEO Ryan Watley said this year’s tournament will once again be held on December 27-29.
The 2021 tournament drew multiple college coaches in as they were out recruiting, and Watley said they hope to get more college coaches in to help the athletes gain more recruiting exposure.
Pine Bluff Parks and Rec Director Sam Glover spoke about the talent coming in saying it gives local players the opportunity to show they can compete against some of the nation’s best.
Glover said they will try to match teams up for “Showcase” type pairings, putting top talent against one another.
Glover said he believes this will be the best King Cotton Holiday Classic to date in regards to top tier talent that will play in the tournament.
The teams competing in the 2022 King Cotton Holiday Classic are as follows:
- Beaumont United High School Timberwolves (Beaumont, Texas)
- Bishop O’Connell High School Knights (Arlington, Va.)
- Elkins High School Knights (Missouri City, Texas)
- Greenforest-McCalep Christian Academic Center Eagles (Decatur, Ga.)
- Grissom High School Tigers (Huntsville, Ala.)
- Jonesboro High School Golden Hurricanes (Jonesboro, Ark.)
- McEachern High School Indians (Powder Springs, Ga.)
- Mills University Studies High School Comets (Little Rock, Ark.)
- Newton High School Rams (Covington, Ga.)
- Pine Bluff High School Zebras (Pine Bluff, Ark.)
- Sidwell Friends High School Quakers (Washington, DC)
- Silsbee High School Tigers (Silsbee, Texas)
- St. John Bosco High School Braves (Bellflower, Ca.)
- South Shore High School Vikings (Brooklyn, NY.)
- White Hall High School Bulldogs (White Hall, Ark.)
- Windermere High School (Windermere, Fla.)